Published on January 22nd, 2013 | by SARA1
Updates on the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary TV Special – How Many Doctors Will We See?
Today I read a headline that said, “Doctor Who 50th Anniversary will have ALL eleven Doctors!”, to which I squeed! This cruelly misleading headline led me to believe that the notoriously hesitant, tight-lipped, Christopher Eccleston would be reprising his role as my beloved the Ninth Doctor for the 50th anniversary special.
I’m almost sorry that I led with this, it may have crushed your spirits too. But it’s not all bad news, the rumour mill is in full force surrounding the details of the 50th Anniversary Episode slated to air this November. Here’s a brief rundown of the scoop so far (via The Mirror):
- Eccleston is said to be reconsidering his involvement in the reunion episode as he recently decided that he, ““still had more to do with the character.”
- David Tennant has hinted that he has been invited back to reprise his role as Ten
- Not expected to return are companions including Rose Tyler (Billie Piper), Amy Pond & Rory William (Karen Gillian, Arthur Darvill), and Martha Jones (Freema Agyeman). Maybe this will change, I wouldn’t mind seeing some of these folks back in action!
- Alex Kingston (River Song/Melody Pond) may find herself involved in the reunion episode
- William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton and Jon Pertwee, who have passed away will be represented in the special through the magic of television
- Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy and Paul McGann are signed up for a radio “adventure” (a project which Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant and Matt Smith are “behind”) and are all game to participate in the television anniversary special.
On the script:
Matt Smith says, “I haven’t seen the script so I have no idea what is happening. One thing’s for sure, we’ll make it the biggest in the show’s history.”
Steven Moffat is feeling ‘half-excited, half-terrified’ saying, “You can’t please everybody but you don’t want anybody to feel let down by a big anniversary episode.”
What are you hoping for in the big anniversary episode? Which companions, friends and enemies would you like to see make an appearance?